Friday, September 01, 2006


Here are a few old sewing treasures - I love to hunt for them at flea markets and antique shops. How about you? It is fun to think about the ladies that bought them originally and imagine what their lives were like. We are so lucky to have all the sewing tools that are made today. What would we do without our rotary cutters and mats? It sure makes sewing quilts a whole lot easier - don't you think? When I have trouble picking from the many beautiful fabrics available today I remember that some of the vintage quilt charm is the "make do" use of fabrics. I hope to post a photo of at least one of the new quilts I am working on tomorrow.
xoxx, Renée

1 comment:

Lelainia N. Lloyd said...

MMM! You and I are kindred spirits-I love collectiong old notions too. I once bought an entire bag of attachments for an old Singer at a thrift shop just because I couldn't bear to leave them there. Of course I don't own an old Singer, but I have used some of them in assemblages.