Monday, January 15, 2007

A Magnetic Board


I made this little enamel tray into a magnetic board after seeing a really cool gigantic magnetic calendar on B. Original a craft show on DIY & HGTV. I really wanted to make the giant one that she made with an automotive drip pan but didn't really think I had wall space to actually use it. So this was my little version of it for a bulletin board. The bird postcards are from the Cavallini & Co Natural History and Birds & Nests postcard sets. They have some really cool cards, papers and file folders.

My Quilt Pink quilt is quilted - thank you Sandy - the binding is on so I am going to wash it today to make it have the softer old vintage look. Then add a quilt label and it will be off to American Patchwork for their auction. Once it is ready I will take one last photo of it and post it here.

It is still sooooooo cold here . . . we covered all our exposed pipes last night since it was expected to get down into the teens. There was a great big icicle on the one water spigot that we forgot to cover. It doesn't seem to have caused a problem - thank goodness. It was the coldest temperature here in 17 years brrrrr! We are supposed to start a gradual warm up now and I am ready for that!

xoxx, Renée


1 comment:

charlotte said...

this is so pretty!