Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Almost everything back in place . . . .

Christmas is over and most of the decorations are neatly packed away in their red & green storage bins. I spent all day yesterday taking down, sorting and packing my Christmas treasures. Some of the bins are neatly stacked right next to the garage door so each time I leave or come home I get a glimpse of Christmas treasures. I did find time for a quick trip to Frances to get a few decorations at 50% off including this SOOOO CUTE Cody Foster house.



Here are my new kitchen chairs - they were unfinished school house chairs. First I painted them dark brown. Next I painted over the brown with a mustard color and the last step was to sand them for a distressed look. My friend put numbers on hers, 1 - 6, they looked way cool so I decided to stencil our birth dates that way there would be lots of numbers on each chair. I was a little apprehensive to stencil the numbers but it was so easy - I was pleasantly surprised.



Now it is back to work . . . my Quilt Pink top is almost all cut and ready to sew together. Next the Cotton and Chocolate Quilt Shop projects - Sally if you are reading this I promise to call you this week.

I will also be teaching at the Country Loft in La Mesa, CA February 23 & 24. A little pieced and appliquéd quilt on Friday evening and on Saturday a doll, Martha celebrates Flag Day - I will post photos of them here in the next few days. I hope some of you can join me.

xoxx, Renée

No comments: